Monday, March 25, 2013

Trading 3/25/2013

Put in an order to sell 1/3 of my APP shares at $2.15, good to cancel so it may not execute today but that is fine because I am bullish on the stock. It is important to lock in profits when you can unless you are positive about the direction of and equity or option. Sold 1/3 of APP at $2.15 to lock in profits. Sold the rest of APP at $2.12. Bought back APP at 2.07, now that is trading, those pennies in difference from buying and selling drastically change my daily return percentage so I am very happy with this trade, especially since APP appears to be popping in the morning and is rather unpredictable after midday. If I get nervous about this trade I will put in a stop loss or sell at tomorrows market open. Sell order open at 2.14. Sold at $2.14 for a 20 minute profit of 3.38%, awesome trade. I like the way APP is trading toward the close so bought it back for the same price I sold it for $2.14, I would put a stop loss on it for $2.07 because tomorrows open largely determines this companies stock price for the entire trading session. Picked up AAPL $465 Jan, 2014 calls at $47.05, I am anticipating news from AAPL this week or next week. Looking for about a 10% gain in the options within a two week investment horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment